Kindred Hospice Volunteer Program
Loretta Carpenter – Volunteer Coordinator
- Training program with Coordinator and self-study
- Relational Opportunities with family members and patient
- Sewing skills
- Volunteer opportunities both in the office but more importantly with our patients and their families during a very difficult time of life. Needs: Office - phones, mailings, etc.; Patients - sit with patient to relieve caregiver, visit with the caregiver/family/patient for encouragement; phone calls with patient/family for same; occasionally it is things such as walking the dog. Creative things such as caregiver baskets, etc. Student has an idea that would encourage and help, we are a team that tries to find ways to do that any way we can.
- Time: Very flexible
- Contact: 715-548-0909
Magnolia Manor Assisted Living
Activities: Working with retired Pastor (David Eubanks) who’s there every Sunday to preach from 10:00 am until 10:30. If students were able to get there at 9:45am, they could help getting the residents to the service. In the past, students also helped out by going around the home visiting shut-ins, praying for them, and singing to them. They have also lead singing or played instruments during the service. It takes ca. 45 minutes to get to the Home in Inman, SC.
- Required: A group would have to meet Mr. Polhamus and his wife to be shown the facilities and introduced to Pastor Eubanks and some of the residents.
- Time: 9:45am – 11am
- Group Size: 5-8 - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Park Assisted Living and Memory Care
Info: Coordinating/helping for activates, Dining Hall (clean up or serving), and help with processing forms, and training for equipment
Looking for a consistent group of 3-5 students.
Time: Open to having BJU groups during the weekends
Contact: Sandra Ferguson - Senior Lifestyle director - 864-908-4690
The Haven in the Village at Chanticleer
Contact: Gaalon Lukie – 864-941-6994
Activities: Bible study, coloring sheets, open to college student ideas, active games, and relational.
Training program (ideally on a Friday)
3-5 group size
Time: Weekdays open all day; Weekends on their own
Sunday mornings for a BJU group to give a message and lead in songs
- Time: Any day of the week; afternoon program starts at 2pm.
- Looking for a group about 3-10 students.
- They can provide piano and microphones
- Contact: Mrs. Dawn - 864- 417-4121
Activities: Variety, bingo, relational, games, music, message, fall festival, (working with BJU preacher who goes now)
- Training isn’t needed for one-time, but regular means training and paperwork
- Time: Flexible (Contact beforehand) (Done by 8:30pm before is better) (Come around 11am is the earliest)
- Contact: 864-223-1950 Ext: 525
- Group Size: 3-10
Greenville Post Acute: Assisted Living
Leader: Elisabeth Chavez
Time: Saturdays, 1:30-3:30 PM
Needs:I need dedicated girls who would be interested in painting nails (you don't have to be a professional, I definitely am not), building relationships, and participating in music every other Saturday afternoon.
*Currently not happening due to COVID-19.